‘BAY-VIBES’ COMMUNITY RADIO TORBAY
The bay vibes Team are looking for new members and volunteers.
If you would likes to support ‘BAY VIBES’, and would like to put some energy into a variety of active tasks, why not join the team. We have a growing programme for 2019/20, including festivals, family days, parties, club nights, pub events, road shows.
We are looking for new team members who can:
- Organise as a team
- Work with social media
- Produce live shows
- Create radio and video shows at events for future play-out
- Attract event sponsors
- Design flyers and artwork
- Manage promotion and merchandising
We are looking for casual volunteers who can:
- Steward events
- Help set up and pack down
- Build ‘BAY-VIBES’ branded set
- Take interviews and audio recordings
- Promote ‘BAY-VIBES’, and sell merchandise
- Shoot video and edit Photograph events
Assistants who are DBS registered and happy working with young or vulnerable people are welcome. An induction process will take place for all persons working with, or volunteering for ‘BAY-VIBES’. If you are interested in this opportunity, or wish to find out more, please contact ‘BAY-VIBES’.
Social Media: Facebook Manager, Volunteer/ YouTube Manager, Volunteer/ Assistant Supervisor, Volunteer
‘BAY-VIBES’ needs managers for Facebook and YouTube as well as an assistant supervisor. You will need to bring relevant expertise to the role and will be working with engagement, promotion and marketing, while widening your personal, and professional network.
As a community radio station, ‘BAY-VIBES’ plays Urban and World Music, that is not proportionally represented nationwide. It is a non-profit organisation for which volunteers work, to break down barriers, and engage young people in culture and the arts, through the medium of radio.
You must be willing to volunteer between five and ten hours per week, commit to at least six months and have an existing understanding, and practical experience, of social media platforms.
Facebook Manager, Volunteer/Responsibilities
- Create and publish between two and four posts per week for ‘BAY-VIBES’ and Facebook page that highlight ‘BAY-VIBES’ Shows, Events and DJs. Engage with the ‘BAY-VIBES’ web-site and Facebook Community, monitor analytics and stay on top of trends.
YouTube Manager, Volunteer/Responsibilities
- Create and publish between two and four videos per month for ‘BAY-VIBES’, that showcase our Shows and Events, and publish them on YouTube, interact with YouTube audience, monitor analytics and stay on top of trends.
- Maintain overview of all ‘BAY-VIBES’ social media platforms, support platform managers and perform platform-manager responsibilities as required. Work with social media lead, platform managers, to grow Bay vibes audience.
- Collect, curate and create content as necessary.
- Liaise with ‘BAY-VIBES’ volunteers, the wider community, and local or international partners.
- Support the management and ‘BAY-VIBES’ as a whole, in any or all aspects of social media engagement, marketing and promotion.
- Provide periodic, typically monthly, progress reports, and collaborate on social media strategies with multiple people across multiple platforms.
- A can-do attitude enabling you to work alone and be a team player as needed.
- Practical experience and solid understanding of social media platforms.
- Good command of English, particularly writing.
- Knowledge of image manipulation and graphic design.
- Good organsational skills, creativity and an eye for design.
- Your own laptop and mobile device, and a willingness to use your own mobile data at times
Nice to Haves
- Previously worked, or currently, with social and community outreach.
- Knowledge of Torbay and the surrounding region.
- Experience of social media analytics, data collection and collaborative cloud storage applications.
- Email your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.